The Importance of Knowledge
The first definition of Knowledge in Oxford dictionary is: Facts, information, and skills acquired through experience or education
But why should I learn about Facts, get recent information in my field of business or educate and read more books?
here the answer from Quora:
is understood as the fact or condition of knowing something with familiarity gained through experience or association. Knowledge is something that we come to know by seeing, hearing, touching, feeling and tasting. It is the fact or condition of being aware of something and can be referred to as the information that we receive or acquire through any medium. It gives us the power to explore things and to take decisions accordingly that can also be considered as the knowledge about a domain that can be used to solve problems in that domain.
In order to solve many problems, it requires much knowledge.
Sufficient amount of knowledge preludes to intelligence. If we have enough knowledge then we can achieve intelligence. That is to exhibit intelligence knowledge is the must. Knowledge plays a major role in building intelligent systems. Not only that, knowledge is very important even in our daily lives. It makes us superior and gives us wisdom.
It is said that “Knowledge is Power”. This quote has variety shades of application and holds good in several contexts.
- Knowledge has enabled us make all the advancements in the science and technology spheres that we have been able to achieve. It has made us far more capable, superior and sophisticated beings on this earth.
- Knowledge is the primary factor that clearly distinguishes the human race from the animals.
Human has the power to judge situations, decide between what is good and what is bad and make decisions voluntarily. It is important that we make the best use of the gift of knowledge so that we achieve great feats and heights in every domain of our life.
Since knowledge is the fuel that drives human life, gaining knowledge is deemed the most primary activity that prepares man for a long and successful life.
Schooling is the very first phase of a child’s life. During this stage, the society gives a variety of inputs to make the child knowledgeable learning many things under every known topic.
While the education during the initial years of schooling are general, special streams of courses are pursued by children as they grow up so that they attain proficiency and skill in the field in which they want to excel and build their career.
Without knowledge, one cannot be successful in life.
To grow in one’s career, gaining as much knowledge as possible is important. Knowledge does not pertain to science and technology and the fields we study in books. Knowledge is also very important to shape our personality and perfect our behavior and dealings with people.
- We need to understand ourselves, our strengths and weaknesses. We need to learn the art of life.
- We must master the techniques of adjusting and accommodating with the changes in our surroundings and life situations.
- We must move well with the people and persuade them effectively to get things done in our favor.
- We must make best judgments and decide on the right course that will let us move successfully.
- We must save ourselves from dangers and stay balanced and strong during difficulties and adversities.
- We must know how to assert our views and also give room to accept the good views of others.
- We must learn how to successfully manage relationships and people both at homes and professional spheres.
For all this, knowledge is important.
Knowledge accounts for the success of people. The more knowledgeable you are, the more advantage you have over the other people. The better you are equipped to manage yourself and others, the easier your journey of life. More than anything, knowledge must be put to good use.
There is no use of such knowledge that paves way for one’s own destruction, Knowledge should let you take the right course in life in a way useful to yourself and the society at large.
Great men and women have put their knowledge to good use and have reached exalted heights being remembered for long on this earth.
Knowing the importance of knowledge, people must look to the potential avenues to gain knowledge and make use of it positively.
article from Quora.