The Marketing Book 2019 Edition by Jason McDonald Ph.D. a Marketing Plan for Your Business Made Easy via Think / Do / Measure
About The Book:
MARKETING MADE EASY – Step by Step to a Marketing Plan for Your Business!
2019 Updated Edition
Welcome to The Marketing Book, 2019 edition! My name is Jason McDonald, and I’m excited to be your guide to the fun-filled and enriching task of business marketing.
This is a book about better thinking, better doing, and better measuring when it comes to marketing your business. This book will lead you step-by-step to a practical marketing plan for your business, both online and off.
This book teaches the think/ do/measure method of marketing. Each Chapter teaches a marketing task by, first, explaining how to think about the concept, second, giving you specific to-dos to actually go do it, and third, providing tips on how to measure what’s working (and what’s not) to do it better over time.
Throughout the book, we’ll use the example of Jason’s Cat Boarding Emporium (JCBE), a fictitious business in San Francisco, California, that boards cats for people who are leaving the city on vacation, and also offers cat grooming services as well as cat toys and paraphernalia for purchase online. As the pretend marketing manager of JCBE, we’ll brainstorm ways to better market our products and services to affluent, busy San Franciscans who want to get out of town and have a place to stash the cat.
With the framework of think/ do/measure in your head, and with the miracle of the Internet at your fingertips, you can dive deeper into any marketing task and become a better marketer. “Once you know the question,”
A practical marketing book by Jason McDonald of Stanford Continuing Studies
Do you own a business? Or, perhaps, do you work at a business as the marketing manager? Do you want to learn the basics of how to market your business in an easy-to-use format? Well, if so, then THE MARKETING BOOK is the book for you. This is a PRACTICAL step-by-step guide to basic marketing concepts. It’s goal: to help you create a practical marketing plan for your business using the think / do / measure method of marketing.
Each Chapter teaches a marketing task by, first, explaining how to think about the concept, second, giving you specific to-dos to actually go do it, and third, providing tips on how to measure what’s working (and what’s not) to do it better over time. Marketing is harder than it looks, and so this is one of the best books on marketing, breaking marketing down into –
THE FIVE KEY ACTIVITIES OF MARKETING EXPLAINED STEP BY STEP:
- Define what you sell, that they want.
- Build your brand.
- Make yourself easy-to-find.
- Create compelling content.
- Think and deploy; that is, promote your brand across digital and non-digital channels.
One of the Best Marketing Books of 2018 for Beginners and Experts Alike
- Jason McDonald – written by a successful practitioner of digital marketing. Just Google ‘SEO Expert Bay Area’ or ‘SEO Expert Witness’. He’s there at the top!
- Stanford University – used by Dr. McDonald in his courses, both online and on campus, at Stanford University’s Continuing Studies
- An Easy to Follow Method – written in PLAIN ENGLISH for MERE MORTALS. Learn how to do MARKETING step by step.
- Got Questions? – just Google ‘Jason McDonald’ and send a quick email or call. Mention ‘the Marketing Book.’
I. DEFINE WHAT YOU SELL, THAT THEY WANT
1. What You Have, That They Want
2. Market Research or Marketing Research?
3. The Product / Service Matrix
4. B2B B2G B2C
5. Buyer Personas
6. Positioning: Find Your Niche
7. Twaggle: Your BVP as Blueprint
II. BUILD YOUR BRAND
8. Brand Identity, Branding, & Brand Equity
9. Promote It: The Marketing Mix, the Promotion Mix
10. The Customer Strikes Back: Reputation Management
11. Twaggle: Branding along the Customer Journey
III. MAKE YOURSELF EASY TO FIND
12. The Five Discovery Paths
13. Search: Can They Find You?
14. Review / Trust: Do They Trust You?
15. eWOM / Share / Influencers: Will They Talk About You?
16. Interrupt / Advertise: This Could be Annoying (& Might Just Work)
17. Browse: The Power of Next To
18. Twaggle: Discover Your Discovery Paths
IV. CREATE COMPELLING CONTENT
19. What is Content Marketing?
20. Persuade into the Predictably Irrational
21. Content along the Discovery Paths
22. The Medium is the Message
23. Twaggle: the Twaggle of Content
V. THINK AND DEPLOY
24. Search Engines: SEO and AdWords
25. Understanding Social Media Marketing
26. Remarketing: Hello, Hello, Hello Advertising
27. Word of Mouth, eWOM, and Influencer Marketing
28. Email Marketing: the Rodney Dangerfield of Digital
29. Personal Selling – Real to Digital & Back Again
30. Tradition: Traditional Media & The Digital Reality
31. Twaggle: Fish Where the Fish Are
What is TWAGGLE? (a key concept of the new book by Jason McDonald)
with Twaggle: Build a Marketing Plan that Works
Author Jason McDonald has been active on the Internet since 1994 and has taught SEO, AdWords, and Social Media since 2009 – online, at Stanford University Continuing Studies, at both AcademyX and the Bay Area Video Coalition in San Francisco, at workshops, and incorporate training across these United States.
His passion is to take complex marketing topics such as social media marketing and make them easy-to-understand for small business owners and marketers. His style is practical, hands-on, and fun. He received his Ph.D. in 1992 from the University of California, Berkeley, and his B.A. from Harvard University in 1985. When he’s not surfing the Internet, Jason can be found being trained by his black Lab, Buddy, across the highways and byways of the San Francisco Bay Area.
About The Author:
Biography Jason McDonald
We have a mission: to make online marketing (SEO | SOCIAL MEDIA | ADWORDS ) easy and fun! We provide:
Did You Know: (Book Articles)
If you also have read this book, please share your review below, we greatly appreciate your comment and let’s talk about it!